Tea for Me(me)
My coffee-lovin' buddy Christy tagged me with the Blue Tea meme recently. Usually I groan and let these things pile up and then tackle them all at once, but I figured I should try responding to them a bit quicker to ease my pain. Kinda like ripping off a Band-Aid. Plus Christy's too nice of a person to turn down a cup of tea. I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings. And this one does sound kinda fun. So here goes.
According to the original poster, the rules for this meme are:
"Devise a list of 5-10 courses you would take to fix your life. It's more fun to be in classes with friends, so include one class from the person who tagged you that you'd also like to take. Tag five. "
So here's my curriculum:
1) Tennis lessons - While it could be fun to take a journalism class with Christy, I've taken more than my fair share in college, so I think I'd rather take tennis lessons to really improve my game.
2) Photography - I've always been fascinated with photography. My dad used to have some crazy camera with all sorts of lenses and even developed his own film in our darkroom (a.k.a. the laundry room with the lights off). I've got a real nice SLR digital cam that takes great pics, but I'd love to really learn how to use that thing in terms of lighting, apertures, F stops and all that crazy photog lingo.
3) Photoshop/Illustrator - I have very basic knowledge of these 2 great Adobe programs (i can resize, adjust levels, etc.), but I really should take a few Photoshop classes. I'm a terrible artist, so I don't care about learning the art style, but I'd love to learn how to best manipulate photos, create logos, etc.
4) Japanese - For some reason I've just loved Japanese culture for as long as I can remember. The food, the art, the style, etc. I'm also a big fan of languages and Japanese is one I really want to learn but would need classes for, since it's way different than say something like Spanish or French.
5) Car maintenance - I can pump gas in my car and call for service when the little green or orange light pops up on my dash. But that's about it. I'd love to take one of those intro car repair courses where they teach you about the engine parts, how to change your oil, etc.
And now I'm tagging the following blogging folks to go back to school for a bit, if they're up for it:
And even though this was a meme, I'm still gonna tie in a coupon! Since it's called the Blue Tea meme and Christy's Coffee Break tagged me, I'm gonna offer up some great coffee/tea coupons:
$5 off any size order at Gevalia
Use Promotion Code PER537
Free Shipping on orders of $25 or more at Gevalia
Use Promotion Code PER538
20% off your online order at Boca Java
Use coupon code cj_coupondiscount20